Thursday, December 06, 2007

Please Stop...

I absolutely hate this guy. This is Colin Cowherd. He is the Summer's Eve of sports talk radio. I, for the life of me, have no idea why he is on nationally. Who actually tunes into his show on a daily basis on purpose? I can understand Tony Bruno (Why does he sound like he always is finishing off a sandwich when he talks?), Jim Rome (Is that Jim Everett hiding in the bushes?), and Dan "ESPN can suck my bowls!" Patrick. They have their market and they put together a good show that I laugh at easily once every time. First off, he sounds like he is still waiting for his other testicle to drop or his mom is late picking him up from soccer practice. That doesn't help. Two, he negates all that says within a two week period. Example? A-ight. He start of the season saying he didn't think the SEC was all that quality of a football conference and that Les Miles should not be talking about USC schedule like he was. Um, zuh? Recently, he was talking about the down fall of the PAC-10 this season down the stretch. Double zuh! Also, his show about as well planned as one of my radio shows from 2003. I am only guessing, but I think the production notes go something like this:
  • Pick the opposite view of every sane sports fan in America for one topic--->Top of the hour.
  • Talk about how you are right for that same one topic----->Next 2.5 hours.
The things about the other sports jocks is that they take phone calls. The dude-che is on for 3 hours, except where he get preempted for Jim Rome (HA!), and he take maybe two phone calls. I am sure his producer screens the buh-jesus out of them, too. Because, it is always some guy who agrees with him...WHY ARE YOU CALLING A SPORTS TALK SHOW TO AGREE WITH SOME GUY? Come on! In a perfect world, Sam Elliot would have a sports talk show. In a perfect world.

1 comment:

3000 said...

I've only had the misfortune of listening to Cowherd for, like, five minutes in my entire life, but his malicious crashing of sports blog "The Big Lead" will forever cement him as a grade A dick burglar.

ps - In the aftermath of TBL fiasco, a coalition of sports blogs - led by Deadspin - rechristened him "Shrutebag," which has actually stuck pretty well.