Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Summer Days

Jesus, Mary and The Spook! Has it really been over two weeks since last I posted? I apologize I have been really busy, and by busy I mean lazy. Today marks the start of school and the non-equinoxal end of summer. I have to say this has been a pretty awesome summer. I deserve it. I do! Over the past five summers I have been shit on. In fact, one of these summer I believe I was literally shat on. (Damned two-storied outhouse!) This one was really fantastic. Let me list, because I am lazy, the ways this summer rocked:
  1. Made a bunch of new and really great friends. I haven't done that since I moved to Chapel Hill in 1988 and rolled with my neighborhood crew, "The BMX Boys". I am sure if we ever hang outside the 'sphere you all will like them.
  2. Found old friends. Thanks myspace.
  3. I never went broke all summer long. I know money doesn't equal happiness, but it sure as shit helps.
  4. Passed two summer session classes leaving me with only three classes until GRADUATION! WHAT! I am shaking at the thought of it. All my classes I was in today, I just kept thinking, "This is the last sylabus I will have to look at." Oh, and the party will be off the meat rack.
  5. Visited places I have never even thought I'd go to. Chicago (the return of an old standard), Milwaukee (There is a whole other post on that one coming) Dover, NH, and Kennebunkport. All were pretty cool in there own way.
  6. I won the Best Radio DJ in the Triangle by the readers of Independent Weekly. I have never been more excited in my life. I still can't believe it.

I am sure if the Yankees don't make the World Series again this year, this will be the best summer in recent memory.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to add the possible roomate upgrade.

And the fact that no one on State's football team has been arrested in at least a week. Possibly 10 days.

JM

Anonymous said...

JMO,
no roommate could be better than you. I'm actually moving back to NC to move in. I heard you've got extra bedrooms. When is the closing, I need to coordinate my two weeks notice.

Anonymous said...

I'm already closed, and moved in. If you have a nice cot, you are certainly welcome to make my screened in porch your new home. The puppy gets to sleep inside though.

JM

Anonymous said...

Will you have a space heater? It may be NC but there are still some cold nights in winter.

Anonymous said...

And what about the fact that you created the bad-ass-est trivia team eva?

Where's the love for Captain Eo and his army?