Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tipping, China

So after my kickball game the other night, "Free Action" went out for a drink. "Free Action" is my kickball team. We went to Sammy's in Mission Valley and got a couple of drinks. There were Bud Light girls giving out freebies so I got two from them, and I got two beers from our waitress. Then, it is bill time. I get mine, and it is $5.00. I usually pay in cash, but everyone else was going credit card crazy! I give the girl a $10 and expect 5 one-dollar bills when she gets back. What happens next is I get 3 one-dollar bills. Gigga what? She took it upon herself to take a tip out of my change.

I am an excellent tipper...now. If the service was good (it wasn't), then I tip well. If the waitress is dressed skanky (she was), the I tip well. She was looking at getting $4 on a $5 tab, intead she took what she wanted and got no more from Rochester. She played herself. I think the rest of the table would not have been so lenient on tipping. Why did she assume she had to take her cut before I could do so? I mean, your belly ring and pubic bone are popping out in front of my face, you switch the WSOP (the worst thing on TV) off to a baseball game, and I kept saying thank you and making eye contact with you when you came over to our table. Where, I ask, where does she get off doing that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fact: You are a horrible tipper.

What ever happened to you "I don't tip hot bartenders because they expect it" commandment?

Anonymous said...

i love balls