Wednesday, October 11, 2006

1985


There has been a lot of talk about this season's Bears compared to the 1985 Monsters of the Midway. No one wants to admit that this season Bears might be better than the 1985 Chicago Bears. I'll admit that this season's Bears looks real good, but it is week 5. Let's not jump the gun just yet. 1985 was the first year I actually could consciously know that I started watching football. I was living in Indiana and because the Colts sucked and really had only been in Indianapolis for a short time I naturally was more drawn to the Bears. Chicago was my birth city and it was only 2 hours away from where I was. This is how little kids choose teams to root for. I made the big switch the day Tecmo Super Bowl came out and I got 6 sack with Eugene Marve. I have never looked back. What always stuck out was that sweater Ditka wore on the sidelines during that season. It was dressy, yet it screamed, "Oh we gonna make this happen!" at the same time. Well, last night I got my close-out special edition Eastbay catalog and bought this lil' beauty of less than $10. I am gonna look so classy at the Upper Deck this Sunday. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Less than $10? YOu know it has to be made of possum fur, hand sewn by a 9 year old vietnamese child.

Anonymous said...

The sweater is swwwwwweeeeeeettttt, but the Bucs still suck....by the way my code to post was "eutafaf"