Monday, October 30, 2006

Wii.T.F.!

So I am at the mall today. Typical Monday, just leafing through the new cargo shorts at Ambercrombie and Fitch. (BTW Why do they have to play that music so damn loud?) Then, I find myself at any of the 3 video game stores at the mall. I see a box for the new Nintendo Wii. Brand new it is $249. So, my Scottish heritage likes that. It doesn't have any really crazy bells and whistles, no DVD or Bluevein or whatever 3000 keeps rambling on about. What it does have is probably easily the most asinine controller design in the world. It's called the nunchuck and I am willing to bet dollars to donuts, if I buy this thing (which I won't) that it will wind up being smashed into a million pieces on my wall. PLEASE NERDS! Tell me what is up with this thing. I need to know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT IS MOTION CONTROLLED. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE CHECK OUT MY BLOG AT LOYALNFAN.RESTOFYOURDAY.COM
I AM A HUGE NINTENDO FAN SO IA HVE BEEN GATHERING ALL THE INFO I CAN ON THIS I HAVE PLENTY OF LINKS TO HELP YOU ALSO IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY BLOG

3000 said...

EVERYTHING I HAVE READ WITH ANYONE THAT'S HAD ANY SORT OF HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE WITH THIS THING IS THAT IT'S FUN AS HELL. FROM THE GET-GO NINTENDO'S MISSION WITH THIS MACHINE WAS TO BREED A NEW GAMING EXPERIENCE AND TARGET CASUAL GAMERS (IE ROCHESTER'S MOM) SINCE THEY'VE HAD SUCCESS IN THAT MARKET WITH THE DS (AND GAMES LIKE BIG BRAIN ACADEMY, NINTENDOGS, AND ANIMAL CROSSING). SINCE FROM A HORSEPOWER STANDPOINT THIS MACHINE CAN'T COMPETE WITH 360 AND PS3, NINTENDO'S GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. FIRST PARTY SOFTWARE WILL PROBABLY BE GREAT FROM THE JUMP, BUT THIRD PARTIES WILL LEARN PRETTY QUICKLY THAT THEY'LL NEED TO DEVELOP ORIGINAL TITLES FOR WII AND NOT RELY ON PORTS (MADDEN, SPLINTER CELL).

3000 said...

ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE WII WILL FUNCTION AS A VIRTUAL CONSOLE ALLOWING YOU TO DOWNLOAD GAMES ORGININALLY RELEASED FOR TURBOGRAFX-16, SEGA GENESIS, NINTENDO 64, SUPER NINTENDO, AND NES. (YOU'LL NOTICE THAT THE WII-MOTE - "WE-MOTE", REMOTE, CLEVER, EH? - TURNED ON IT'S SIDE IS BASICALLY AN NES CONTROLLER.)

Anonymous said...

Why are you yelling?

Anonymous said...

3 Thoughts:

1. How did the power pad work out?

2. How about gyrobot, or whatever that thing was called?

3. That controller looks like a sex toy. So, maybe it's not all bad.