Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Chainsaws, Power Drills, and Blow Torches...

..OH MY! I saw "Hostel" this weekend. And I am kind of obsessed with it. The whole beginning is non-stop T&A. So, Eli Roth got me with that. Then, he hits you with the violence. I am talking the kind of violence that made even me go, "OHHHH DAAAAAM!" But, as I am a Creative Writing major, it has a really clever and awesome story concept to it. I watched the movie, and then I watched the commentary with Quentin Tarantino and Eli Roth. They actually were talking about the movie and not just annoying the shit out of me, i.e. "Undeclared" and their commentary. Then, I watch all the "making of" featurettes. I was kind of worried about it. I don't know how other people would react to this movie. Most people I have talked to are not too gung ho about the violence, but it really adds to the suspense and fear factor. Overall, I give "Hostel" the Rochester Binghampton Drinking on a Saturday Night Seal o' Approval.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Saturday night is amature night. Dont waist your time man.