Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Break-Up


So, J-Mo broke up with his girlfriend of about a year two month ago. I don't know the circumstances, but I do know she took it kind of rough. She really kind of went crazy. It started with an e-mail sent to all the people she had addresses for:
FYI: J-M0 pulled the plug. He didn't even have the courage to tell
me in person. Just when you think you know someone.
This was just step one. Following that she started calling people. I am talking random people. She called his Mom. She called one of his female friends and accused her of causing the split. This female friend has a boyfriend of her own for roughly a year and J-Mo finds her a bit annoying from time to time. So, that was nuts. Then she called me one Sunday morning. As anyone who has hung-out with me on Saturdays would know, I don't do Sunday mornings. It was not a fun or productive phone conversation. And the worst part is it was the house phone. So, I couldn't even do the whole "cell phone breaking up" dealy. Truly horrible. She started text messaging friends and acting like she thought it was sent to someone else. Then, when that failed she satrted e-mailing J-Mo pictures of her with other dudes. Ladies, help me understand this one. Why would a guy who broke up with you care if you are out with another man? I would think they would encourage it. The most recent one was my personal favorite. (BTW J-Mo send the e-mails and photos to all his buddies and it kind of becomes a fun caption righting contest.)
The e-mail for this (image 8) simply said "Dr. McDreamy and I at the Blue Martini". Now, none of us watch "Grey's Anatomy", so the reference was lost on us. My sister had to clearify what the hell she was talking about. We are taking bets on how long it'll be until she send J-Mo a grainy green video ala Paris Hilton.

2 comments:

annie said...

re: why would he care if you are out with another man?

women know that men react to primal competitive instincts, i.e. wanting what they can't have. maybe she just hasn't figured out that this only counts in pursuit and not in post-breakup.
plus, it sure doesn't sound like her behavior is going to have the intended effect-- this is just going to reinforce his decision to break up with her.

Anonymous said...

OR...

he will get drunk and have a "relapse"

Do us proud J-MO.