Monday, April 18, 2005

I follow the lemmings....

Matt, over at John Adam's Ipod, felt it was exigent to put out my Top 5 "Things That Are Hot, But I Cannot Get Behind" I love to complain and remonstrate, so I will drop the Top 5:
  1. Rainbow Flip-Flops: I hate looking at feet. I don't understand the fetish and I don't want to have to sit a set of stanky ass feet. And, every person under the age of 29 has a pair. "I just toss my hair in a ponytail, slip on my Rainbows, and I am off the the Delta Gamma Blah Blah Roofie Cocktail Mixer." It is driving me nuts. I spend so much time trying to findextraordinary sneakers, that some one can call a brown leather tong "fashionable" drives me knuts!
  2. Gray New Balance's: Much of the same reasons as the Rainbows. I do not get these shoes, which I rocked as a cheaper Nike alternative as a youth, became so fashionable with the college crowd. And, GRAY! GRAY! When I had NB's they were neon orange and navy blue. These could be the first set to us all being the same color, shape, gender, and we'll all be identified by a bar code on the back of out bald heads.
  3. Jam Bands: I could mix King Crimson, Widespread Panic, and Leftover Salmon and get the same nineteen minute song over and over again. I don't think there is enough acid or mushrooms to make this stuff sound orginal to me. And, I hate it when kids call up my radio show asking me to play any of that shit. "Can you play any Widespread from before Bowser left the group?" NO! NO! NO! NO! I would rather light a Q-tip on fire and see if my brain will show up out of my skull. Get a haircut, a job, and move on with your life!
  4. Cell Phones: Never had one. I know this makes me sound insane, which I am. I just don't see the need to talk to people all the time. People have made the world more uncomfortable by destotying their own private places. Also, you have no excuse for missing a call. Now, you have GPS, Internet, cameras, sporks and God knows what else on them. I though having a cordless phone was high-tech. AND, NO! I DO NOT LIVE IN A CABIN IN THE MOUNTIANS.
  5. Chopper TV Shows: They have ruined the last stronghold of a true outlaw rebel culture. I know the bikes are cool, and I want one. (either a bitchin' Boss Hoss Trike or a old BMW with a sidecar) However, the bikes these guys make on these shows are sold for $50K or more. Somehow, the romance of the Hell's Angels smuggling drugs to keep afloat is lost in this one. And, I hate how guys like Jesse James are potrayed as badazzes. The guy is a millionaire. The moment you can buy a twelve pack of beer and not think about what you are gonna do for food for the rest of the week, you are not a badass anymore. All the tattoos in the world won't wash the wimp off your million dollar fanny.
Now, just like Matt said, "Go on and do one for yourself in te comment section."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another thing that sucks about Rainbows....they cost $50 bucks! These are flip-flops, I gots me a pair for $4.99 and they seem to work fine.

Anonymous said...

TRUE! TRUE!

Anonymous said...

Re: Grey New Balance

Have you seen the other shoes NB makes these days? They're hideous - and not in the 1987 Bengals Zoobazz pants kind of way - just weird and gross looking.

I got a pair of Grey 574 NBs for $49 (an $8.40 discount I might add) and they're workin out just fine.

So there.

Anonymous said...

I owned Gray 999 at a cost of $39. That is a $60 discount! I got them at Just for Feet after Hurrican Floyd. Now, I rocked those shoes for over 4 years, but I customized them with some hot ass navy blue laces. You know your really want to have purple and green NB's. ADMIT IT!