Thursday, April 28, 2005

"Virgins. I love 'em"

It has been 10 years since Larry Clark's KIDS was released in the theathers. If you haven't seen it, then you just do not know what a bombshell that film really was. Larry Clark, an on again off again junkie, ex-con, 50-year old skate punk, directed a movie way too real to life. If you look at the biographies of a quarter of the cast, then you see that they are dead. People thought it was a documentary. Of course, those people are idiots. The fact remains that Mr. Clark has continuously pushed the buttons of the film industry and its rating system. He currently has a movie that I honestly beleive will never be seen on American soil. Now he is back in the news for his shocking photography being shown at the International Center for Photography in (hold your hats) New York.
Let me start by saying, I like the films that I have seen of Larry Clark. In fact, KIDS is one of my all-time favorites. However, I thought that Larry Clark was pushing the envolpe in regards to how he portrays teenage sex. And now his exhibit, Teenage Lust, at the ICP (not affiated with the Insane Clown Posse) is getting flack for the same thing. Maybe I am just a bit ignorant to these kinds of things, and I can get real ig-nant on the subject of art. I can just put down all the hidden undertones of what is and is not art, but when does someone finally stand up and say, "Hey! Larry! Are you just getting off on this stuff?"
Also, if you have not seen any of Larry Clark's film, then YOU NEED TO SEE THEM! Maybe not Teenage Caveman, I am pretty sure he was on the needle for that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Blog is a shame...can we get some nuddy pics?