Friday, October 31, 2008

iTalk about iTunes...

Here is a fun lil’ one to play with your iTunes with. Go on and organize your iTunes by number of plays. If you are like me (and if you are like me, then I weep for you), then you have never reset your play counter. These ar your top 25. Fuck Billboard! I SAID FUCK BILLBOARD! DO IT! So here is Rochester’s Top 25 with their play counts:

25. Too Young – Phoenix (37 PLAYS)

24. Fat Not Flat – Juan Huevos (38 PLAYS)

23. Huddle Formation – The Go! Team (38 PLAYS)

22. My Dick – Mickey Avalon (39 PLAYS)

21. Patty Lee – Les Savy Fav (39 PLAYS)

20. Mer De Japon – Air (39 PLAYS)

19. Stanley Kubrick – R.A. The Rugged Man (40 PLAYS)

18. What Would Wolves Do? – Les Savy Fav (40 PLAYS)

17. Hong Kong Garden – Siouxsie & The Banshees (42 PLAYS)

16. Look At This Face – Handsome Boy Modeling School (42 PLAYS)

15. Will You Return? – The Avett Bros. (42 PLAYS)

14. Spit Boxers – Thirstin’ Howl III (43 PLAYS)

13. Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (43 PLAYS)

12. Little Eyes – Yo La Tengo (44 PLAYS)

11. Incest – Juan Huevos (44 PLAYS)

10. Someone Great – LCD Soundsystem (46 PLAYS)

9. Martin Scorsese – King Missile (48 PLAYS)

8. The W.A.N.D. – The Flaming Lips (49 PLAYS)

7. Fuck The Pain Away – Peaches (50 PLAYS)

6. The City (EV Remix) – The Dismemberment Plan (51 PLAYS)

5. No Cars Go – The Arcade Fire (51 PLAYS)

4. Dre Day – Dr. Dre (52 PLAYS)

3. Slugs in the Shrubs – Les Savy Fav (57 PLAYS)

2. This Must Be The Place – Talking Heads (58 PLAYS)

1. Nu Autobahn – Future Islands (104 PLAYS)

You know how you are always saying we don’t do things together? Which you know is a lie, because we went to Denny’s like twice last week. That’s something. Well, why don’t you go on and do this? Come on, how hard can it be?

3 comments:

Matt said...

I mostly play albums, and not individual songs so much. Even then, if there's one I like, I don't play it as much as I'd like to, because I get afraid I'll ruin it and never want to hear it ever again in my whole life, and that's just unbearable. That being said...
25-23: Erik Satie-Gnossiennes 1-3
22. Paul Simon- Once Upon a Time There Was an Ocean
21. Laura Viers- Wandering Kind
20. Hope Sandoval- Suzanne
19. Fountains of Wayne- Barbara H. (from the iTunes-only ep)
18. Dan Wilson- Free Life
17. Franz Schubert- Impromptu #3
16-15: Erik Satie- Gymnopedies 1-2
14. Explosions In the Sky- Your Hand In Mine
13. Eurythmics- I Saved the World Today
12. Elbow- Station Approach
11. Erik Satie- Gymnopedies 1
10. Spoon- Don't You Evah
9. Franz Schubert- Impromptu #1
8. Elbow- Starlings
7. Elbow- The Stops
6. A Sunny Day In Glasgow- 5:15 Train
5. Ryan Adams- Pearls On a String
4. Spoon- You Got Your Cherry Bomb
3. Laura Viers- Nightingale
2. Charlotte- Hope Sandoval
1. Jay-Z- Public Service Announcement

Matt said...

Plus, I'm not sure iTunes does this right. I've never reset my play counts either, and my iLike used to say that "Such Great Heights" was my most-played-evs song, but now that's not even on the list? wtf. I call shenanigans.

Unknown said...

I was going to do this, but then realized my top plays were rather embarassing. back to listening to my songs in private!!!!