Monday, July 18, 2005

"Come on, Pookie, let's burn this motherfucker down!"

I had a film-tastic weekend. I watched "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle" for the umpteenth time. Hence the title of my post. And yesterday I saw what will become the highest grossing R-rated comedy of all time, "Wedding Crashers". And, yes it was all that and a bag of Lay's Salt-n-Vinegar Chips with a French onion dip on the siiiiide! You are treated to Dwight Yoakam doing what he does best, quietly giving you an awesome performance, in the first minute of the film. He establishes the mood and pace of the film right off the bat. What is that mood and pace you ask? FALL OUT YOUR SEAT FUNNY! I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I'll just get to the meat of this post. How many actors can you not think of who can effin' own a movie with just a phrase? When I say not think of, I mean B-lister. Neil Patrick Harris in "...White Castle" is one. The guy did it in "Undercover Brother", too. Dwight Yoakam is the same way. He made "Panic Room". A white guy named Raoul with a pension for violence? What! I don't even want to think of "Sling Blade" without Dwight. These guys just show up in a movie and it makes you feel like something is actually right in this crazy mixed up world.

No comments: